UA-33705504-1

Abe Lincoln

“You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich...strengthen the weak by weakening the strong...bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift...lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down...build character and courage by taking away people’s initiative and independence...help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

Sunday, March 25, 2012

One very blessed week







This last week has been very blessed week for my family and I.  First I won a challenge On Fire For Handmade Challenge.  I won some free advertising and a new banner for my shop.  Anne from Made for me by Oaklie sent me four banners to pick from, and it was so hard just to pick one.  Then my kids came home from Afghanistan for a few days, this was part of their two week R & R.  Then my other son came in from school, so from total quite the noise level was turned up.  It was fun, family and friends.  Wonderful to see them, get lots of hugs, see their friends from school and watch the next generation grow up.  I'm very proud of my kids and their friends are also doing so well.  It is a blessing just to see how well they have grown up and becoming wonderful young men and women., it gives one great hope for our country.  Then sadly they all leave.  Like a giant vacuum the noise level is gone!!!!!  But the birds returned and are sing again.  It is hard to sing over trucks, cars and motorcycles!  Then I remember I won this wonderful banner and forgot to get back to Anne.  This wonderful lady said she would be dancing in 7th Heaven if it where her kids.  So I have my new banner up in my Etsy shop and I love it.  Each week their is a new theme and they are a lot of fun to be part of.  Please take a minute to visit with Anne and her wonderful shop on Etsy.  Not only does she make banners, she loves to knit and to crochet scarfs, jewelry and bags.  



2 comments:

The Moonlit Stitch said...

How nice to have your family home Rose! Good for a Mamma's heart! ~*~Lisa

Firecracker Kid said...

Hey Rose, your kids are fine looking younguns. I know about the noise level, when my daughter comes home and she's only one. Makes a big difference.
Your banner is awesome! I love it. Congratulations winning it.
Carol