UA-33705504-1

Abe Lincoln

“You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich...strengthen the weak by weakening the strong...bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift...lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down...build character and courage by taking away people’s initiative and independence...help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Week part 1

I'm so enjoying getting ready for Christmas..  It is a lot of work but the memories that are made will last longer then the gifts.  So this week I'm posting picture of what I have done with my home this year.  I love to read everyones blog and get ideas on what I can do with my home.  So this is what I have done in my kitchen this year. 

This is our Christmas tree in the kitchen.  Filled with cookie cutters and mini rolling pins.  Many of the cookie cutter came from garage sales, and some belonged to my mother.  Love the old cutters!





 I have the kitchen tree sitting in a old roasting pan, found at a garage sale for a dollar.  The milk bottles are from our local dairy filled with salt.  Each year they have eggnog in a collectible bottle. This wonderful idea came from Aunt Ruthie over at the Sugar Pie Farmhouse. Love the look!  
 
Here are some more of the many milk bottles I have.  I had so much fun filling them with salt, and making them part of the cookie and milk theme going on in the kitchen.
This Santa Cookie jar is one I painted a few years ago.  Time to getting cookie cutters off the tree, and fill up the cookie jar.  Then run down to the farm for milk, eggnog, and butter.  We need to support our local cows and keep them happy!  Bake some cookies and enjoy time with family!

Merry Christmas

3 comments:

Barb said...

Rose,
I had to have my husband, who decorates our house, come see this. He has one more tree in the kitchen to decorate and then I think he is done. We might have to copy what you have done with the cookie cutters! Great Ideas. Thanks for sharing.
Happy Holidays!
Barb

Karen~The Barely There Primitive Bear said...

What a cute idea, filling the milk bottles
with salt! Cute tree, too!

Merry Christmas!

Bear Hugs~Karen

Ladybug said...

Clever decorating idea, Putting the tree in old rustic wash tub is awesome idea...
Merry Christmas to all ....
Trish