UA-33705504-1

Abe Lincoln

“You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich...strengthen the weak by weakening the strong...bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift...lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down...build character and courage by taking away people’s initiative and independence...help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas Part 2


Welcome to my home for another look at what I have done..This year we donated our big tree and half the ornaments to a needy family.  The new tree is small but works for us.  Very easy for me to put up.  After Christmas I will go though the totes again and see if I can part with some more.  So many memories,  but with all the family gone, it can be very sad.  The memories are in my heart, and some other family can make their own now. 







I had a wreath that was getting a little sad looking, so I remove all the decoration from it.  Then I added some ribbon (left over from another project), and tied some silver mugs and ladle to it.  The ladle and cups came from another garage sale.  My husband like how it looks over the fireplace. 




I did keep some of the old ornaments that belonged to my Grandparents, and my parents.  This year I placed them on this silver tray, another garage sale find.  This is sitting on the table in front of the couch.  Quick and easy.  Come back tomorrow for a little more Christmas from my house!



Merry Christmas


1 comment:

nancy huggins said...

Most of our Christmas decorations are still in storage over 600 miles away but we did get by O K since we did bring our pre-lit tree. I love you idea of putting the older ornaments on a silver tray. I did give a lot of the older ornaments to the kids as they each started their own families...you are right about missing the years when they were all at home...time goes by to fast and the older you get the faster it goes :)