UA-33705504-1

Abe Lincoln

“You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich...strengthen the weak by weakening the strong...bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift...lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down...build character and courage by taking away people’s initiative and independence...help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

Friday, August 6, 2010

Dirtroadteam on Etsy - Swan Mountain Soap

Welcome blog friends!  I have another shop for you to visit from the Dirt Road Team.  Christina and her family have a shop called Swan Mountain Soap.  This family love for the life in Alaska, has lead them to soap making.  Six years ago they where dealing with very dry and itchy skin do the harsh weather in Alaska, they started down this path. They gather herbs, rose petals, and sap from around their home to make their product.  Some of the sap that is collected is also turn into jelly.  Check out the Birch Beer Jelly, my in laws come from PA and they drink Birch Beer Soda.  I wonder if this is close!  You will find besides great soap, lotions, body sprays, perfumes, shampoo, and yes soap and balms for men!  This family all chips in to make this, and are having fun doing so.  What a great lesson for kids to learn, gathering herbs, making a product and the art of selling on line.  Please take a minute and stop by and show some love to this shop.

2 comments:

johnniebelinda said...

Thanks for sharing, Sounds interesting birch beer soda

nancy huggins said...

I Love hand made soap and I also make it...It is my favorite thing to make..even when my back hurts a lot I am still able to make soap. It is a lot of work but I love making it.
I have never been to Alaska and have always wanted to go there. I always wonder if it ever gets warm enough to go swimming :)
I just checked out her site and her soap is very unique and much different than mine :)