UA-33705504-1

Abe Lincoln

“You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich...strengthen the weak by weakening the strong...bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift...lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down...build character and courage by taking away people’s initiative and independence...help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

Monday, November 2, 2009

Old Farmhouse Gathering Artist

Good Morning and Happy Monday!  It is that time of week, where I would love for you to visit some great etsy shops from the Old Farmhouse Gathering Group.  The shops are filled with some wonderful Holiday items, for you or  for a gift.  Get something good to drink and check out each of the following shops.  After you are done please type in OFG in the search bar on etsy to find more shops, also filled with wonderful items.  One stop shopping, OFG has it all.

The first shop this morning is Wilmas Wimzees.  Alice make prim Santa's, snowballs, dolls, and e patterns (if you would to make your own). Each made with love!  You will find her etsy mini to the right of this posting.

. What is the name of your Etsy shop and why did you choose that name?


Willmaswimzees, it is the name of my pattern line. Although I made a mistake and used two L’s in Wilma, but it’s after my grandma.

2. How long have you been on Etsy?

Since February 2008

3. What type of items do you offer?

Mostly prim dolls and e patterns. I have started making sweaters for small dogs.

4. How long have you been crafting?

About 12 years.

5. Who or What inspires you?

If I can’t find a pattern for what I am looking for, for a reasonable price, I design one myself.

6. What is your favorite item in your shop and why?

Oh that’s tough. I love the snowballs, they don’t melt. But I like the Santa with his list too.

7. Other places where you can be found (Ebay, webstore, blog)

www.wilmaswimzees.com

http://wilmaswimzees.blogspot.com/

Snowman Collector is the second shop I would love for you to visit today.  Sheila shop is filled with snowman, Santa's, wreaths, everything for your Holiday's.  Does someone on your list collect snowmen, Santa's?  This is the shop of you.

1. What is the name of your Etsy shop and why did you choose that name?


The name of my shop is SnowmanCollector and if you have a look around you will see that the reason I chose that name is obviousļ I have developed a great love for all things Snowman!

2. How long have you been on Etsy?

I have been on Etsy only since April, 2009. I am fairly new but am learning more every day and loving it!

3. What type of items do you offer?

I offer mostly seasonal items ¡V stuffed snowmen, Santa's, ornies, etc. I also have a few wreaths and wall hangings mixed in to keep it interesting, both for those looking at my shop and for myself as a crafter.

4. How long have you been crafting?

I have been crafting for close to 20 years. I started doing quilting and things just kind of evolved. I started doing local craft shows about 10 years ago. I enjoyed it so much that I wanted to branch out a little but didn¡¦t know how or where (I live in a very rural area) and then I discovered Etsy!!!

5. Who or What inspires you?

What inspires me? Everything! There are so many ideas floating in my head, I will never do them all. Plus there are so many new things I want to learn, like rug hooking.

6. What is your favorite item in your shop and why?

I can¡¦t pick. Usually whatever I am working on at the time is my favorite item.

7. Other places where you can be found (Ebay, webstore, blog)

At the moment I am only on Etsy. But I am trying to overcome my fear of CyberSpace and hope to at least be on Facebook shortly.

Then our third shop is Artpotstudios, Carolee only has two items listed, but she will have more to come.  Both made with love, from her hands and hearts.

1. What is the name of your Etsy shop and why did you choose that name?




Art Pod Studios ~ First of all, I love art so I knew that word needed to be

in my business name, secondly, I make such a wide variety and

styles of art that I needed a word that said "serendipity or all kinds"

so I used a trendy word that I thought conveyed that ~ Pod. That is how

the name Art Pod Studios was born.



2. How long have you been on Etsy?



Since May 2009



3. What type of items do you offer?



Right now I am featuring my Halloween Items, but I am what you would call

a Serendipity Artist. I love to work in a large variety of mediums and

styles. Creating to me IS art, so everything is a potential art project

waiting to happen.



4. How long have you been crafting?



I have worn many hats during my 24 plus years of art experience.

Designer, Artist, Craftsperson, Vendor, Mentor and Teacher.



5. Who or What inspires you?



The world around me, Family, Friends, Music, Nature and even current

events. Sometimes even a sound or color can cause me to snap into a

creative mood. I have also been using a book called Caffeine for

the Creative Mind. It's a great book with creativity exercises. I have

been awed at how this really does help me put on my creative thinking cap.



6. What is your favorite item in your shop and why?



Can't say I have a favorite. All of my art is like my little children

being sent out into the world, I could never pick a favorite, each one

is unique and different, but I love them all!



7. Other places where you can be found (Ebay, webstore, blog)



http://www.artpodstudios.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Firecracker Kid said...

Hi Rose! Wonderful features. I love looking at these gals handmade creations and reading their interviews to find out their personalities. Thank you! Carol