UA-33705504-1

Abe Lincoln

“You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich...strengthen the weak by weakening the strong...bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift...lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down...build character and courage by taking away people’s initiative and independence...help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

Monday, September 21, 2009

Monday September 21, 2009

Good Morning!  Today I'm going to introduce you to two more great artist from the Old Farmhouse Gathering.  The first is Kimberly Scott from Sugar Creek Hallow and Dee Begg of Icehousecrafts.  Put on your favorite slippers, and get your favorite beverage and check out the wonderful items they have to offer.  When you are done, type OFG in the search bar and check out the many great shops, and what they have to offer.  This talented groups offer everything from A to Z.  Also check out the Oldfarmhouse blog they will be giving away a gift basket filled with many wonderful fall items.

http://oldfarmhousegathecomring.blogspot./

What is the name of your Etsy shop? And why did you choose this name?


Sugar Creek Hollow. One of my favorite places to visit here in Ohio is in fact,
Sugar Creek, Ohio. Often referred to as “Little Switzerland”, it’s in the midst of Amish Country. And I’m very fond of Amish crafts and a simpler way of life, which I try to bring to my own shoppe.



How long have you been selling on Etsy?

I’ve been on Etsy for about a year now, but Sugar Creek Hollow has only been open for about a month now.



What type of items do you offer?

Hand-poured Soy Candles, crocheted lace doilies, cotton dishcloths, an occasional crocheted afghan when I have the time, graphics, and I just recently added items from the kitchen such as jams and relishes.



How long have you been crafting?

Well over 25 years now

Who or What inspires you?

Probably my greatest inspiration has been my grandmother who passed on several years ago. She taught me at an early to crochet and sew, as well as how to make jams and butters. But when it comes to our candles, my youngest son is the true inspiration. He has mild Autism, and an obsession for smells. Making candles has become a family event that even he can take part in.



What is your favorite item in your shop and why?

I would have to say it’s my lace doilies. Creating these has taught me a great deal about patience. And I like to think that when one is purchased, it becomes that person’s next family heirloom.



Other places where you can be found?

Etsy Shoppe: SugarCreekHollow.etsy.com

Blog: Sugarcreek hollow.blogspot.com

Twitter: http://twitter.com/SugrCreekHollow

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=100000132453870&ref=profile

I'ts a great way of promoting other Etsyians as well as


giving your blog readers something new to look at:)



So Here's the Questions:

1. What is the name of your Etsy shop and why did you choose that name?

My etsy shoppe is called Icehousecrafts. I choose that name as when I started selling and buying online we lived in an old farmhouse of which was once an icehouse for the farm that we lived on. The walls in the icehouse part of the house were 24” thick stone. The farm was established in 1905.

2. How long have you been on Etsy?

I’ve been selling on etsy since February 2008.





3. What type of items do you offer?

Mostly on etsy I offer hand painted stenciled wood signs. I have also offered hand painted vintage pieces from time to time.

4. How long have you been crafting?

I’ve been doing crafts since I was a young girl...from crochet to macramé and finally to decorative painting. I’ve been painting fulltime since my middle son was a toddler so about 18 years for painting.

5. Who or What inspires you?

Customers are a great source for inspiration. They give you the framework for an idea and things just go from there.

6. What is your favorite item in your shop and why?

I have to say my favorite things in my etsy shoppe right now are my ouija board sign and wrong answer sign. The ouija board sign because as a young girl I was fascinated with “how” it worked. The wrong answer one, well it’s just obvious from looking at it as to why! LOL!

7. Other places where you can be found (Ebay, webstore, blog)

www.icehousecrafts.blogspot.com

www.artfire.com/users/icehousecrafts

www.stores.shop.ebay.com/icehousecrafts__W0QQ_armrsZ1

www.etsy.ichousecrafts.com

5 comments:

My Crafty Cottage said...

Thank you Rose for featuring my shoppe!
Blessings,
Kim

Valley Primitives Gift Shoppe said...

Great features Rose! There's so much talent at OFG!!
Kim - Thank you for including an Etsy Mini for me :0)

Firecracker Kid said...

Thank God for Grammas! I love hearing about the early years and their remains still put to use today. Thanks Rose:)

dee begg said...

Rose,

Thanks for the feature...I really need to get to doing a marketplace feature on my blog. I appreciate it.

D

Joan Minervini said...

Rose,
Very Nice Double Feature!
Joan :0)