UA-33705504-1

Abe Lincoln

“You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich...strengthen the weak by weakening the strong...bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift...lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down...build character and courage by taking away people’s initiative and independence...help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

Friday, September 11, 2009

Friday 9-11

Today is 9-11 a time to remember eight years ago that day that we all remember.  Today while I was watching TV,  I was thinking about my dad, a veteran from WWII, my father in law a veteran of WWII, my husband a veteran of Vietnam, my youngest son a veteran of Iraq, my oldest son and daughter in law who are now in Afghanistan. The cost of our freedom is very high.  We also need to remember the firemen and policemen who are on the first line of defense.  We have a lot of people to thank for our freedom, and they are the ones who are not out in the street yell about how bad things are.  They go about doing their jobs day in and day out.  To me this will always be Patriots Day.  Please pray and support our service men and women.  They will not be enjoying pumpkins, cornstalks, Thanksgiving Dinner with family, or Christmas.

"Freedom is not the right to do whatever you want;
It is the privilege of doing what we ought;
It is not private license;
It is public responsibility;
It is not freeing ourselves;
It is binding ourselves for the good of all."
Bishop Robert Brown

No comments: