UA-33705504-1

Abe Lincoln

“You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich...strengthen the weak by weakening the strong...bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift...lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down...build character and courage by taking away people’s initiative and independence...help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

Monday, October 26, 2009

Great Artist from the Old Farmhouse Gathering

It is a beautiful Monday in Southeastern Michigan.  The sun is out and warmer then we have had in the past couple of weeks.  The leaves are falling fast, and soon winter will be here.  But we need to enjoy the day, so after you have filled up on the beauty of the day, and need to take a break, please stop by the three shops I would love for you to visit today.  The first shop is Artbyme, where Cindy makes some wonderful primitive dolls in it.  Even thou Halloween is on Saturday, they still would make a great Christmas gift for someone on your list who just loves Halloween.  You can give a gift for another Holiday at Christmas to someone.  Please read about Cindy below:

1. What is the name of your Etsy shop and why did you choose that name?


Artbyme That is my name on Ebay and wanted to keep everything the same.


2. How long have you been on Etsy?
Little over a year


3. What type of items do you offer?

Primitive Folk Art Dolls

4. How long have you been crafting?

Over 20 years

5. Who or What inspires you?

I can get inspiration from just about anything. I do get a lot from other creative people.

6. What is your favorite item in your shop and why?

Halloween items. I love creating Halloween items.


7. Other places where you can be found (Ebay, webstore, blog)


http://www.artbymecindy.blogspot.com

http://www.artbymecindy-soatp.com

http://Artbyme.artfire.com

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/artbyme_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_mdoZ

The next shop is  Apple Tree Cottage, Martha can paint on anything, and will.  She has very different items to look at.  If you see something you like but need it a little different please contact Martha.  Please read about her below.

1. What is the name of your Etsy shop and why did you choose that name?


When I was a little girl, my family moved. I was very lonely but found a library near our home, so I would walk there every day and spend hours browsing at books. I found a book titled Apple Tree Cottage and I was absolutely swept away by it. The cottage was a magical place where peace and love was found. I decided if I would name my shop in honor of this book that has such an impression on me when I was young.



2. How long have you been on Etsy?

I joined Etsy in January, 2008.

The last shop I would love for you to visit is Harvest Moon Prims, Marilyn make primitive candles, stitchery, and dolls.  You can read more about Marilyn below.

1. What is the name of your Etsy shop and why did you choose that name?


My Etsy shop is Harvest Moon Prims....Nothing is prettier or more magical in Fall...than a big ole Orange Harvest Moon....So when I was thinking on a name for etsy...that came to mind...

2. How long have you been on Etsy?

I have been on Etsy for over a year,but illness made me unable to do much with it until recently.

3. What type of items do you offer?

Hand crafted stitchery,prims,and needfuls

4. How long have you been crafting?

For as long as I can remember..but professionally for over 25 years

5. Who or What inspires you?

My Dad who was a wonderful floral designer was my biggest fan,and always was proud of what I created. Sadly he passed away four years ago,but I know he is smiling down on my saying..I am so proud of you!

6. What is your favorite item in your shop and why?

hummmm...thats a hard one..Usually my sticheries are my fav

7. Other places where you can be found (Ebay, webstore, blog)

I also have a website:www.mtswhimsey.com...my blog:www.whimseythoughts.blogspot.com

and on ebay under the user name

harvest-moonprimitives



3. What type of items do you offer?

I offer an eclectic mix of vintage, folk art and primitive items. I love to paint on old pieces that have a story to tell when they come my way.



4. How long have you been crafting? FOREVER!

I have been fortunate to be surrounded by people who have encouraged me since I was small. My husband and my daughter are my two biggest fans.



5. Who or What inspires you?

I love things that come to me with a history. Old boxes, drawers and coffee pots have a story to tell and I like to add just a little “prim” icing on the cake when I find a piece that longs to be reinvented.



6. What is your favorite item in your shop and why?

I can’t say I have one favorite piece. I love everything I paint… each item in my store is something that I would place in my own home.


So after you have read about these very taleted people stop by their shops, and if you have time please check out the Old Farmhouse Group.  On etsy just type in OFG in the search bar, and you can finish that Christmas list.  Easy as pie!

Speaking of pie please check out the Old Farmhouse Gathering blog, and the new Old Farmhouse Cooking blog.  Not only can they make wonderful art pieces they can cook, and are willing to share their receipts.
http://oldfarmhousegathering.blogspot.com/
http://oldfarmhousecooking.blogspot.com/

Everyone have a Happy Monday, and enjoy the wonderful colors before they are taken from us. 


7. Other places where you can be found (Ebay, webstore, blog) I sell only on Etsy.

You may visit my blog at appletreecottage.blogspot.com.

No comments: