UA-33705504-1

Abe Lincoln

“You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich...strengthen the weak by weakening the strong...bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift...lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down...build character and courage by taking away people’s initiative and independence...help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

Friday, September 28, 2012

Welcome Home


Last week I had the time to run down to welcome home my son and daughter in law.  It was a great and busy week helping them out, but fun was had by all.  


This is the plane that was bring them home!


The kids had a very hard time waiting for all the soldiers to come off the plane.  Some where worried that their dad would forget what they looked like.


 It was standing room only for the march into the hanger.  Love seeing and watching all the kids, many dressed up or in a total red white and blue outfit.
For the first time in a year I have all my kids in one time zone.  YEA!

While I was very happy to welcome home my kids, we have to remember those who are still in a war zone, and the ones going back.  Keep all of them in your prayers.  Freedom is not free!

3 comments:

The Moonlit Stitch said...

I remember standing and waiting for my husband to get off the plane after serving in Iraq...it's a LOOONG wait! So glad they are home Rose. God Bless our military and their families! ~*~Lisa

Firecracker Kid said...

Aww Rose, how wonderful for you. You all look so happy to see each other. Of course we'll keep all the troops in our thoughts and prayers. I know you'll enjoy your weekend :)
Hugs~Carol

Debs DIY Recipes and Graphics said...

Welcome Home !!!!! Thank you so much for your service . Your family is beautiful Rose , but I never expected anything less . You are an awesome Mother . Be proud !
Hugs
Deb